Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Quite a while ago, I noticed Smilebox on a friend's blog, totzhatz, and accidentally downloaded it. Then for months and months, I'd get these little updates and little notes saying "come try me out"! Well, yesterday morning, although I really didn't have the time for it, I decided to try it and LOVE IT! It's so much fun and can't wait to have a bit more time to play around with it.
But, for now... here's what I did... hope you love it as much as I do :)
|Make a Smilebox photobook|
Sunday, August 9, 2009
of CB Design Studio on etsy!
I had recieved "One Lovely Blog Award" from this super helpful and terrific EtsyMom teammate in June! Make sure to check out her etsy shop and her blog - she has some absolutely beautiful pieces of jewelry!
I was so excited to recieve this award from her, especially since it's been a challenge for me to fit this blog into my schedule and find things worthy to write about! And to have someone notice it is such an honor!!
In acceptance of this award, I will post the rules:
1. Accept the award, post in on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other fabulous blogs. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Here is my list in no particular order:
WHEW! That was tough!!
I also did a happy birthday banner that matched the colors of the party - you'd be proud of me, Kristi :) I used brads in the corners of each letter card and strung a piece of ribbon through the whole set. I think next time I might have ribbon on each one and tie them together... we'll see!
Not wanting to do the traditional party bags, mostly because I wanted to try to make a starfish mermaid wand, but also because it was summer vacation and I had all the time in the world... right?!?!? Well, not really, but I did enjoy doing these! I made the starfish part from colored felt and hand embroidered glass beads to them, added the tulle and wrapped the ribbon around the dowel (MUCH harder than it looks, by the way!) and voila! Here they are! I also drew the mermiad onto a plate pattern from a Make A Plate kit I got at a kindergarten conference and had all the kids from the party sign it. I can't wait to send it in and get the actual plate!!
Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I always feel better when there's a great project to do! So... (in my spare time!! - Nicole, you'll get a giggle out of this one!) I went out and bought a Yudu personal screen printing machine and printed the mermaid design onto a t-shirt for each party goer. They turned out GREAT! I put out some small cupcake tins with fabric paint in each section, laid out some paint brushes and let them decorate away! They turned out so cute!
The party was a huge success and now there are so many more things I'm going to add to my shop... when I find some "extra" time - is that even possible?!?!
THANKS KRISTI, for tagging me! I had such fun :) Now to tag the next 6 bloggers!!! Here they are in no particular order:
I can't wait to see what their "six by six" is :)
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Thanks so much for the honor, Jackie!
Now I get to pass it along to 5 other blogs!! Here's how it works:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 5 other blogs which show great ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have recieved this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you recieved your award.
Here are the 5 blogs that I am passing this award onto:
1. baby cheeks/the trendy tot - her two shops are incredible full of such darling things and her blog is really fun to read! (not to mention, the fun I'm having chatting with her on facebook!)
2. Banana Ice Cream Kids - super cute clothing items and a fun, fun blog!
3. Handmade Gone Wrong - what more can I say about this one?!!? I saw the link on facebook (sorry, I don't remember who posted it!) and can't get enough! These ladies say all the things you try to keep inside your head!!
4. Mommy Loves It! - this blog wrote one of the first product reviews for me and it was such a great experience! The author, Heather, is super sweet and does such a wonderful job!!
5. Red Sox Mommy - being a HUGE Red Sox fan and raising one myself, I just love this blog! What more can I say?!?!
Jackie has been on etsy since 2008 and has such an adorable assortment of hatz! You can find always find her posting on the team threads with such kind as supportive words for everyone! She has a great blog and is featured in two different etsy shops: Bloome and ImogensGarden. Well done, Jackie!!