With International Eggs Benedict Day just around the corner, I just had to share with you just how amazing those little eggs are!!
Did you know???
* the main purpose of the egg is to nourish new life until it is strong enough to live on it's own??
* eggs have lots of vitamins like riboflavin and B12 (plus all sorts of other important minerals) ??
* eggs have a shelf life in your refridgerator for up to 60 days and egg whites can be frozen for up to a year??
* eggs are used to make some of America's favorite foods: omletes, quiche and deviled eggs??
* that eggs have become the symbol for spring... not only because they represent new life, but also because chickens naturally lay very few eggs in the winter and only start to make more when the spring sun starts to shine??
* and who can forget how cute they look in an Easter basket??