Thursday, March 25, 2010

DID YOU KNOW???

... that there are 250 species of bees?

... that the queen bee is the largest bumblebee, followed by the female worker bee?

... that the male worker bee, the drone, is the smallest?

... that bumblebees have four wings?

... that bumblebees will not die after they sting, unlike honey bees?

... that bumblebees will pollinate flowers, fruits and vegetables, but they produce very little honey?

... that bumblebees are far less aggressive than honey bees?

... that humans are the bumblebee's most harmful enemy?

Let's all work together to keep those darling little bumblebees around because without them, our world would be a very different place!


1 comment:

OliveStreetStudio said...

The past couple of years I've been reading about the dying honeybee population...and bees in general. I know that when I have my 'dream' house in a few acres, I'm going to have hives in the back...

Related Posts with Thumbnails